Sunday, September 7, 2008

First day of Kindergarten.

ell Olivia has officially completed 2 weeks of kindergarten and seems so grown up already.  She is in the afternoon session and on her first day we all walked to school and she insisted on pushing the twins.  She is definitely very independent and has to do things her way whether you like it or not.  On her first day they just had a short scavenger hunt around the classroom to help them get used to where things are.  Pretty important stuff.  When she came home she said that the boy who sits next to her is kind of mean and isn't very nice to her.  Great boys hitting on her already.  Everyday when she would come home I would ask her if this boy was any nicer that day and she would usually say no, or yeah a little bit nicer.  One day she said that he put up her chair for her.  And one day she said, "I think he is learning to be nice."  She is such a sweetheart with a little bit of sass in her at home.  

She is also so ready to learn to read.  The whole first week of school she would say that she could read a certain book and when I would have her read it to me she would say the words and when I would ask her what one of the words were she was stumped.  Hummmmm!!!  What I think she was really doing was memorizing the story to pretend that she was reading.  Stinker.  She is getting better at recognizing words though.  Only time until she is reading my secret notes.  

She is taking cheerleading this fall and comes home and puts on quite a show.  Kicks everywhere.  In her younger years she has been known as the pole dancer of the family.  Gotta love that confidence.  


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today when we came home from church Olivia said, "Mom I'll take care of the babies and feed them lunch so you don't have to."  What who are you?  All of a sudden you are so big.  I recently go a fabulous calling to serve in the nursery in our ward.  Like I don't get enough kid time as it is they thought I needed some more time with babies.  But I will stick with it a just get as much time with my own 3 kids in nursery.  Yes 3 of my kids are in there at the same time.  Lucky me.  So she probably could tell that I was a little tired and stepped up to help.  Thanks Liv.  

6 comments:

Christine said...

Such darling kids. I'm sure it's nice to have 2 of them in school for a little bit. I can't believe you are in nursery. We are going to definitely have some girl lunches this winter!

Me - Jen said...

Wow what a good attitude about nursery. I probably would have cried and said no. But it always works out right? Cute pictures, you have cute and handsome kids!! Oh and I love our photo blog!!

Heidi Parson said...

So cute!!! I have been dying for you to post again! I always love ALL the pictures you take of your family and others!!

Piano Mom said...

They have you serving in the nursery? WOW!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I check every day for spurts and no new entries, then when I give up here is all the news I've been waiting on. Gotta get a system I guess. My sweet Olivia, grown up??? No way, her and I were talking yesterday and I told her if she didn't slow down she will have grey hair and wrinkles before she knows it. She stole my heart 5 years & 9 months ago and it will always belong to her. She is my little sunshine, way smart and beautiful too!
gramma dee

Anonymous said...

One more thought for Olivia, gramma is wild about you, you know, and to hear that you are giving mommy a hand when she needs it is proof to me that you have a heart of gold. Keep it up 'livster', won't be long before you'll be taking care of ol' granny dee. xoxoxo