Friday, September 26, 2008

Man where does the time go....

I still can't believe that summer has come and gone.  Buying jackets and boots...wait a minute did I just write that.  I know it can't be happening. 

Well to get started with what's been happening at our house I had really good intentions to learn how to can our home grown green beans.  I went to Rush's and bought the top of the line canner and I was ready to go.  Then I waited for more beans to come to have a good batch and then I lost that cannin' feeling.  So the ziploc bag of beans sat in the fridge for quite a few weeks and waited and waited.  Then I thought I would bottle peaches.  Hummm yeah right.   I bought a whole bunch of peaches in Brigham and brought them home.  And they are still sitting on my counter as we speak.  Good idea but no time.  

I currently have the sewing fever.  I am finishing a few quilts that I hope that can be ready for christmas presents, I learned how to sew a zipper in a little bag (which is my diaper pouch for my purse, I'll take a picture and post later), I've got aprons to sew, a new "dolly" bag for Olivia to get goin' on, and oh yeah a few other quilts.  The best of all is that I am attempting to sew new drapes for my dinning room.  Fancy ones, oh no not just your average tab top drapes that I already currently own, but ones with tassels.  We'll see if they turn out I show you.  

We already have our Halloween costumes picked out and this year Olivia is going to be a pink cowgirl, Harrison is going to be a hotdog, Maxwell is a dinosaur, and Isabella is a cute bumble bee.  We tried on costumes today and they are pretty darn cute.  

Olivia and Harrison started Terri's Tavacci Singers this last week and so far are loving it.  Their first performance will be for the festival of trees.  You are all invited to see them...if they have the guts to be up in front of a lot of people.  Olivia is still in cheer and constantly makes up her own dances daily.  

Well more rambling later, my bed is calling me.

1 comment:

Aaron And Krystal Hansen said...

I just started this blog thing. Its kinds fun. Anyways, yeah if you want to sew just let me know and i will be there. I need someone else to sew with sometimes. And its always fun to sew with someone other than your self.