Friday, May 2, 2008

The woes of naming a new business.

After 5 years of thinking of a new photography business name I finally found one...Sparkle Photography.  It had meaning to me and I absolutely loved it.  After I decided on it I then checked around to see if there was any other Sparkle Photographys around...and of course there was in Utah. AARG!   I was heartbroken.  I contemplated keeping the name because maybe being in different states wouldn't matter, but I don't want anyone to ever think that I stole their idea or copied them.  So after talking to some friends I decided to give up the short lived business name and do something else.  After racking my brain again for another business name I was telling Amy my friend about how whenever I have my picture taken I have a really hard time keeping my eyes open and how I have to have a zillion takes to get one decent photo.  Recently my mom commented on how I have butterfly eyes because my eyes I guess flutter in front of the camera.  So when I was telling Amy this story she stopped me and said, "That's it...you should call it Butterfly eyes".  So there you go.  I started thinking about it more and I loved it.  (Not the part of my eyes fluttering in front of the camera but the name).  What draws you to a photo?  Yup the eyes.  If the eyes "Sparkle"  (my original idea)  then you are hooked.  So after all that I am in love with my new name, 

 
Thanks mom for making the comment..I guess and thanks Amy for helping me see a Beautiful Name for my business.   My email address has changed to butterflyeyes@mac.com.  And my webpage butterflyeyesphotography.com will hopefully be up soon.  Until I can get that up and running I have added a link to my online web album under Butterfly Eyes Photography_Gallery.  I would love any comments or suggestions. 
 

Friday I had the opportunity to take pictures of my adorable niece Ainzley.   She is only 5 1/2 pounds.  I loved every minute of it.  I made this itty bitty red tutu for her to wear and it just melts your heart.  Thanks Krystal for giving me the opportunity to take her photos.  I will post them as I get them done.  

Today I took pictures of Amy Hamberlin's new quilt designs.  How lucky am I.  Her work is absolutely beautiful.  I am so excited for her.  She is taking 3 new quilt patterns to market in the next week to come.  She is naming her quilt pattern company Kati Cupcake.  To die for.  I love it.   I wish the best of luck to her and her business.  If you haven't been to her quilt shop in Rigby you have to go..The Quilt Shoppe.  She has to best talent of putting fabrics together and helping you see things in a new, fun, fresh way.  Amy I hope you don't mind if I put your picture on my blog, I think you are absolutely beautiful.  

3 comments:

Me - Jen said...

I like the name. Plus it has meaning. Perfect!! Your pics are beautiful

Shelly B. said...

Love the name Angie! So perfect!

Allison said...

I'm so excited for you, keep the beautiful pics coming...