Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Dam" I mean "Dad"


No I am not starting to swear on my blog that is just Matt's new name around our house.  Harrison has somewhere picked up saying, "Dam where are you?" or "Dam I need a drink" instead of "Dad".  Of course at first you wonder if you are hearing him correctly and after you hear it a few times you know you are right.  Every time he says it we just chuckle and of course try to correct him with "Dad".  It will work for a few minutes but without fail shortly he is back to his new name calling.  Last night we asked Harrison if he knew what a "Dam" was.  Of course he didn't so we took the safe route and tried to explained that a Dam is a big wall that holds up a lot of water.  So a little while later and a few corrections of the wordage Harrison pipes up and asks Matt, "Daddy do you hold up lots of water?"  hehe.  So funny.  I love how innocent he is.

4 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Ah, the innocence of youth...don't you wish adults could have just a fraction of it? I love the pictures you've posted on the blog...you have a lot of talent with a camera, and your kids are beautiful!

Nikki said...

This is such a cute picture! Its so funny their interpretation on things.

Anonymous said...

So funny! I love to hear the things that come out of my kids mouths in complete innocence. It makes the sometimes mundane job of Mommy a lot more amusing! BTW adorable pic of the little guy.

Shelly B. said...

oh now, that is funny! love it!