Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Family Picture

Well I am finally done with our new family picture. It was nice doing it this way cause I could focus on one kid at a time and try to get a natural looking pose. Try is the key word. It is almost impossible to get 4 young kids looking and smiling at the camera all at once so this was great.

Photobucket

I also finished our family christmas card and got it ordered. Hopefully it will come in the next few days and then turn around and get them out the door.

Photobucket


I can't believe how big the twins are getting. They are not little babies anymore. Sniff Sniff. Every new stage is a fun stage, (very exhausting) but fun. They are starting to say words and can really understand what you are asking them to do and usually follow simple directions. Isabella said "Gracie" (our dogs name) yesterday plain as day but hasn't repeated it again. Max will usually repeat certain words you ask him to say. Like Momma, Daddy, Baby, Doggy (sometimes). He points to his tummy, nose, ears, mouth, and of course has to stick his finger in yours as well. Isabella loves to show her tummy to you if you ask her. Isabella is also turning into Maxwell's little mommy. She wants to get him out of his highchair, help dress him and tries to control him if he is doing something she doesn't want him to do. Oh dear. Not another little mommy around here I don't know if I can handle another one.

As for Olivia and Harrison, Liv is going to be 6 and Harrison is going to be 4 on January 15. Yup they have the same birthday. 4 kids and 2 birthdays. Crazy and very exhausting. I can't believe Liv is going to be 6! I'm getting old. She lost her bottom 2 front teeth this last few weeks and is growing up so fast. She is learning to read and sometimes she memorizes the story and thinks she is reading. She calls me on the phone all by herself if there's a babysitter. It is actually fun having her a little bit older cause she is starting to like hanging out with the girls and going shopping. Oh no watch out...shopping.

Harrison is probably the most thoughtful little boy I know. I refer to him as sweetie, or honey often and he will sometimes refer to me as sweetie or honey back and usually out of the blue. I love it. Hopefully I can teach him to be a kind, loving little boy so when the day comes and he grows up it will come natural to him. Keep my fingers crossed that it works.

Thursday is my birthday and I don't know how I feel about it. I cried last year when I turned 30 so I'm hoping this next one wont be as traumatic. I don't know what is was. The fact that I wasn't in my 20's anymore or what. I know that I wouldn't want to be 20 again. Cause that has been a long hard 10 years. I'm glad to be where I am at now with my life and have gained a lot but surely wouldn't want to relive some to the trials we have been through. So wish me luck on not being depressed on gaining another year and I'm sure 10 more wrinkles to come within this next year.

13 comments:

Marci said...

Your picture is Beautiful! Oh, and by the way!! You look great, even for your age - by the way - I am WAY older than you, So I completely understand the wrinkle concern!

Emily said...

Your family picture is so amazing! I love it! What a gorgeous family you have! Happy Birthday Thursday :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous job on the picture! I LOVE it! Everyone looks GREAT! And Happy Birthday! 31 is NOT as bad as 30, at least in my experience! ;)

Shelly B. said...

Sorry, that was me, Shelly B.!

Piano Mom said...

Your picture & card are just beautiful! I hope I'm on your mailing list... I'm sure that you'll find that 31 isn't awful. (Wait until you are 35 and are looking at that slippery slope down to 40.)

The High Family- said...

Your family picture is truly beautiful. Your kids are so cute! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud my heart might burst!
love you soooooooooo
mom

Tara Bennett said...

ANGIE! I'm so excited you found me! You look amazing, have a beautiful family, and your photos are, well, I'm speechless! I wouldn't expect anything less from you, though. You've always been above par!

Megan Bunt said...

Angie- I love your family picture, you always do such a great job! You are so blessed with your sweet little family. I wish you a very Happy Birthday, and all the best in the next year!!! :)

Heidi Parson said...

Love the Christmas Card. Being 31 ia like being 30. after The BIG 30 and all the emotions that come with it.. Any birthday after is BREEZE. Happy Birthday I'm glad to see that your oldest is also 6 it helps me feel not so old!!! I look at you and see how young and pretty you still are!!!

Laura Jean said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!
Your family pictures look awesome!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday today, hope you have a good one. Love the fam pic!

Hilary said...

what a great picture! Gorgeous family!