Friday, October 10, 2008

Break out the sewing machine cause here I come.....

Since the weather is starting to turn cold I've started sewing. I finally finished Maxwell's quilt and want one for myself. It is so cozy to cuddle up with. I've made one for all of the kids and are in the process of being quilted. Here is a picture of Max's quilt. I also had to include Max's help in decorating his wall. When ever he wakes up in the morning or from his nap he stands up and swings the stars back and forth. He thinks it's the greatest thing. It has actually burnished the wall and has made a worn path and is darker in real life. I put Isabella in his crib for a minute last week and that was the first thing she did...swing the stars. She probably has always watched him do it and has been jealous that she doesn't have stars to swing. A coveted activity.


Photobucket


Also last weekend I went to The Quilt Shoppe in Rigby and bought every Portabellapixie pattern they had. It is the cutest stuff. I've never made kids clothes but this made me want to. I started with the cupcake pincushion. So cute and pretty easy.


Photobucket


Now that we've got those projects out of the way. I am making Olivia's halloween costume...a pink cowgirl. I've found the cutest brown corduroy with pink polkadot and pink on pink fabric to use. I'm using one of the Portabellopixie patterns for the skirt and a vest to match. This week I bought an inexpensive serger to help with all of these projects. I'm a little scared to use it. I'm just going to have to do it and learn hands on. Any advice would be great.

Well I'm off to start another project. Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Megan Bunt said...

Way to go girl! I love Maxwell's quilt! I also love the pincushion, what a cute idea. You are always making such cute things, I only wish that I had the time to work on a project! Happy Sewing!!! :)

Shelly B. said...

oh so cute! LOVE all of it!

Piano Mom said...

WOW! I love Maxwell's quilt. When it comes to sewing, I feel good if I can just make the straight stitch straight. I envy your talent! And the pictures you've posted are awesome! You have beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

So, you are 'gramma's girl' after all. She is probably watching your sewing gene come alive and soooo proud of you. I had a lot of fun making halloween costumes for all of my little globlins, I was just thinking about all of that when I read your latest and so tickled to see you carry on the tradition. SEW ON!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it all! You are the bomb with all of your kiddos and projects and the fact that you still remain standing! You make me jealous and exhausted all at the same time girl!!

Ashley said...

Hi Angie,
I'm Shelly's sister and I just wanted to tell you that I love that quilt so much. I was at the quilt shoppe a few weeks ago and I was buying some brown fluffy fabric but I was worried about how it would look quilted and Amy said, "well i'm quilting a quilt right now with this in it so come look at it and see what you think." She takes me back to her quilting room where she's quilting YOUR quilt! I fell in love with it! Seriously, I was dying over it. Well then just the other day I came to your blog and lo and behold there's the same quilt! And it's yours! I LOVE it so much! I also bought a Portabello Pixie pattern to make my little girl address. All the patterns are so cute and I can't wait to see some of your finished projects!