Monday, March 17, 2008

The Twins turned 1 and we survived!



The "Babes" as Harrison calls them turned one year old on March 2, 2008.  This has been a long anticipated day.  As we look back on the last year it has dragged on and flown by at the same time.  I love this new stage they are at and would not change anything.  We have been able to ditch the baby carseats and now use the big kid seats and they are lovin' it.  They are able to watch the movies and see the world facing forward.
  
Isabella is our attitude girl and dug into her cake.  But not before she got burned on her candle because her mom was trying to do everything at once.  Maxwell was a little bit more reserved and cried every time he got frosting on his hands which of course got smeared on his head which made him cry even more.  It if so funny how opposites they are.  

The Babes are so close to walking.  They walk everywhere holding on to stuff and Max will stand up every chance he gets and will just stand there but his feet are planted and will not budge, but is starting to get a little braver and dive onto his face, (too bad he still have to wear that silly ole helmet to protect himself...shucks).  Isabella doesn't have her balance yet but will walk her little legs off if you hold on to her.

Both Isabella and Maxwell have 8 teeth.  Four on top and four on the bottom, (Max's 4th bottom one just barely broke the skin).   At their one year doctor appointment Isabella weighed 19 lb. 7 oz. and was 27 1/4" long.  Maxwell was 19 lb. 13 oz. and was 28" long.  Max isn't going to let his little sister beat him any more.  He is catching up and passing her since she weighed more at birth at 5 lb. 1 oz. and he was 4 lb. 14 oz..     
They are so fun to watch.  Isabella will hold on to the back of Maxwell's pants while they are crawling and she is having so much fun laughing and giggling "riding" her brother.  Meanwhile Maxwell is crying his head off because his sister is holding him down and sometimes sitting on him.  Isabella is our wild, usually shrilling, outgoing girl.  Maxwell is our sweet, content, comes to check in with mom little boy.  Different as can be but have so much fun playing with each other and smiling when ever they see each other.  I love it.  

Olivia and Harrison have been the best big sister and brother.  With Olivia only being 4 and Harrison being 2 when the twins were born their whole world as they have known it has been utterly spun around.  What a  crazy life, 4 under 4.  Olivia has been there to help be the second mother to Harrison and the twins.  Thanks Olivia.  Harrison has kind of got caught in the middle.  I have caught him thumping, dumping, I think even bitting the babies a few times. Harrison is a good kid and has recently had a change of attitude if you address his as the big brother rather than HARRISON STOP IT!  Amazing how that works.  

I am so looking towards the long anticipated spring weather so I can actually get out of the house without having such a big load to haul around.  I definitely wont miss getting the stroller out of the back of our suburban and pushing it with the two car seats hooked in and usually Harrison sitting up on the handle bars and Olivia in tow in a blinding snow storm into the famous Wal-Mart to get groceries.  Instead of that maybe we could bask in the sun and go to the park, or maybe the pool with a diet coke.    
 
Looking back on the last year has brought a lot of great times and lot of times to reflect on life. Sometimes my life feels upside down and backwards, yet so right all of the time.  It takes me roughly 2 hours to get ready to go anywhere.  And with out fail I am always an hour late. Here's to another year and maybe not an hour late.  Happy Birthday Babes!!  We love you.







8 comments:

Shelly B. said...

OK, I'm loving your blog, Angie! I can't wait to read more. The class I took was at pinkinkstudios.com! Sorry to be so lame and not get back to you on that! I would love to get together and do pics. Seriously!

Me - Jen said...

I am so glad you found me and I found you. I can't believe your twins are a year. Pat yourself on the back woman!! I am excited to keep in touch. I will tell Megan Hello, I know she checks in with my blog you need to let her know about yours. She will love it

Christine said...

Thanks for finding my blog. It will be fun to stay in touch more. You should be so proud that you made it through a year. I remember the feeling with the triplets. It was amazing. It just gets easier from here. I would love to get together with you guys. Ali did tell me that she see's you often. We are going out of town this weekend for Spring Break, but we really don't have much more planned after that. It looks like we have a lot of common friends from your comments section...shelly, jen j. So Cool! We'll let's for sure plan on getting together. We would love it!!!

Piano Mom said...

Loved reading about the twins! I can't imagine having 4 under 4...you should definitely win a "Mother of the Year" award! Anyway, congratulations on surviving the first year and best of luck as you embark on this second one!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I can leave comments now!! What a fun post. You are So a 'shoe in' for Mother of the Year. You are an inspiration to all of us who think that at times we have busy lives. What a gal! I missed you at gym too, I don't even like to go in unless I know that you'll be there to chat with.... The twins are adorable as ever, and I hope that things will just get easier, imagine the memories you are making though, one day this is all gonna be so worth it. When we are old wrinkly ladies having lunch at Babe's we will miss the days of stinky diapers, messy houses and being an hour late to everything!

Anonymous said...

oops! Last comment was from me, A L L I S O N, little helpers equal misspelled names!

Christine said...

I forgot to mention how darling your blog is! You kids are so cute too. The twins look so healthy. You guys are doing such a great job. I can't even imagine having multiples with older children also. You are superwoman!

Sherelle said...

They're so cute Angie! So glad you have a blog now!